Regional Business Partners Funding Overview
Fully Charged Media offers services that are registered with the Regional Business Partners scheme, more officially known as the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund.
Traditionally, GST registered New Zealand based small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners and key managers.
We have a number of registered services ranging from our most popular Google Analytics workshops through to Customer Journey workshops and other digital marketing related services.
The aim of these services are to help you gain clarity in your business and utilise online as best as you can.
This video walks through the process :
Traditionally, this fund has funded eligible services for up to 50% of their costs, subject to specific criteria – e.g. identifying a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the owner to grow and innovate their business.
All funding decisions are made by your Growth Advisor, not by the service provider.
The vouchers are not for implementation – they are to help train, coach, or guide you, but not for something you would typically pay for as a service – e.g. running a marketing campaign….but possible to help you upskill to run that marketing campaign, or to help coach you through a marketing plan.
COVID Funding for SMEs in New Zealand Extended
During COVID, there was another specific COVID fund created to help businesses. This fund is 100% funded, for specific COVID related services.
The initial round of funding was oversubscribed very quickly – particularly in Otago and similar regions where the lack of tourism may have had a larger impact.
In mid July, another larger round of funding was announced – $40m in funding to NZ SMEs for a range of support and services.
This fund is available now, but be aware there are around 600 businesses already in the pipeline, but don’t let that put you off applying – just be prepared there may be a delay in responding as the team are really busy, especially in Otago.
Each fund is separate, and you may be eligible for up to $5000 per business, per fund. Despite this, the COVID funding is extremely popular so the fund will be split amongst as many businesses as possible, so you may only get a few hours allocated.
During this time we’ve helped a number of businesses across a range of digital marketing related areas such as :
- Working through a customer journey and mapping that to identify areas of improvement and growth
- Upskilling on email marketing solutions
- Google Analytics workshops to help upskill teams to work out what’s working, what’s not, and grow knowledge of marketing data
- Youtube marketing workshops
- Helping businesses identify how to change or re-marketing their existing offerings
- …and a lot more.
RBP Funding Application Process
The process to apply can be summarised as :
- Complete the application form on https://www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz and contact your local Growth Advisor. A direct link to the form is here.
- You can say you would like to work with us but you cannot apply for work in progress already.
- You can see a list of our services here (the COVID specific ones are at the bottom) : https://app.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz/MarketPlace/Provider/1324
- Your Growth Advisor may allocate you a voucher with a unique number either for a specific amount (with the traditional fund), or a number of hours or amount (the COVID fund).
- If you are successful, we will create an “Event” and supply you with a reference to book against.
- We will either invoice you 50% (the traditional fund) and claim 50% from RBP, or if its the COVID funding we will invoice RBP directly for 100% of the hours.
If you are allocated an allowance for COVID related help, please have a think about what goals or changes you are looking to make as that will help us identify how to utilise the funding as best as we can.
The press release about the extension of the COVID funding can be seen on the beehive website.
If you have any other queries, get in touch with me at darren(at)fullychargedmedia.com